Beautiful Views in Kauai – Maha’ulepu Heritage Trail
- We really enjoyed the Maha’ulepu Heritage Trail in Kauai located in the Poipu area. This trail was very easy in regards to difficulty, but provided some absolutely stunning ocean and cliff views throughout the entire hike. You’ll pass many amazing outlooks, tide pools along rocky terrain, a golf course, a cave and ultimately end a fairly quiet beach (so be sure to bring gear to relax at the end).
- You can access the trail right from Shipwreck Beach (where the Grand Hyatt Resort is located). Park at the Shipwrecks Beach parking area and walk along the beach towards the cliff. There is a path up the cliff and here is where you can begin your journey!
Useful Tips For Hiking the Trail
- Difficulty – Easy (several paths to take, but all lead to same ending)
- Kid Friendly – Yes (ages 5+)
- Length – 4 Miles Roundtrip
- Terrain – Mix of sand, flat ground and rocky areas that require minimum climbing
- Sun Coverage – Exposed most of the trail, recommend early morning start to view sunrise
- Water – No water stops along the trail, so bring plenty of fluids
- Parking- Park at Shipwreck Beach’s parking lot and follow the left side of the beach towards to cliff and you’ll eventually see the trail into the cliff